1. Best musical initiative – Sponsored by MMA
This award will be presented to an outstanding music education project which has made a sustained contribution to the musical achievement of a significant number of young people. The judges will consider initiatives both traditional and innovative, from youth ensembles to outreach projects.
2. Best vocal initiative – Sponsored by Suzi Digby OBE
This award will be presented to a singing project which has encouraged a significant number of young people to start and continue singing to a high standard. The judges will look for evidence that projects have had a transformative effect on singing in a particular school or area.
3. Best print resource – Sponsored by Rhinegold Publishing
New sheet music publications, tutor books, curriculum resources and musical textbooks will be eligible for this award, which will be given to a print publication, with or without a digital element, that has made an important contribution to the resources available for music teachers and learners.
4. Best digital resource – Sponsored by Music Teacher Magazine
This award will be presented to a website, software, app or other digital resource that has enhanced the digital offering available to music teachers and learners. Judges will look for evidence that resources are already in use.
5. Best school music department – Sponsored by Music Sales / Rhinegold Education
Primary and secondary music departments with a track record of innovative, inclusive and excellent music education will be eligible for this award. Judges will look for evidence that schools are having a strong musical impact in their surrounding areas.
6. Hub innovation award – Sponsored by Musicans’ Union (MU)
For a regional music education hub that is already showing innovation and excellence in delivering music education across its catchment area.
7. Lifetime achievement award – Sponsored by MusicPracticeRooms.com & Black Cat Music
For an individual who has made a seminal contribution to music education.
8. Music Teacher Magazine Editor’s Award – Sponsored by Beaumont Woodwind.
This award will be presented to a product, initiative, organisation or individual chosen by the editor of Music Teacher magazine, in recognition of a unique and valuable contribution to music education made over the last year.
9. Best Classical Music Education Initiative – Sponsored by Classic FM.
This award will honour an education project which has used classical music in an innovative way, shown musical excellence and had a positive impact on a significant number of participants.